Clear Your Cache & Cookies
Time management efficiency extends to your online interactions and seamless access to the latest information available.
Frequently visited web browsers tend to retain (cache) elements like logos, images, and other general content. Occasionally, it becomes necessary to clear your cached history folder to ensure that you're viewing the most recent online content. By initiating a cache clearance, you instruct your computer to discard stored information in the web browser's memory. This process enables you to see updates on a website page that might not have been visible due to the retention of previous information. This simple action enhances your online experience by providing you with the most up-to-date and relevant information available.
We're here to help! Here's how to clear your cache on each web browser for your desktop computers:
To learn more, visit Microsoft Support
- Select the Internet Explorer Menu icon (3 dots icon).
- Select Settings.
- Choose Privacy and services.
- Go to Clear browsing data, then select Clear browsing data now, and Choose what to clear.
- First select the Time range you want to clear. We recommend All time.
- Then you may select Browsing history, Download history, Cookies and other site data, and/or Cached images and files. We recommend clearing Cached images and files.
- Click Clear now.
To learn more, visit Google Support
- Select the Chrome Menu icon.
- Select the More Tools link.
- Select the Clear browsing data link.
- In the data drop-down menu, select the time range where you want to clear browsing data.
- Select the Cookies and other site and plug-in data and Cached images and files checkboxes. If you do not want to clear browsing history, make sure to uncheck any boxes associated with this before you move to the next step.
- Click the Clear Browsing Data button.
To learn more, visit Apple Support
- In the Safari menu bar, click the Safari option.
- Click the Clear History link.
- In the Clear drop-down menu, select the time range where you want to clear browsing data.
- Click the Clear History button.
To learn more, visit Firefox Support
- In the Firefox menu bar, click the Firefox option.
- Select the Preferences link.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Under the History heading, click the clear your recent history link.
- Select the Cache checkbox. If you do not want to clear browsing history, make sure to uncheck any boxes associated with this before you move to the next step.
- Click the Clear Now button.