Advia Credit Union Mobile Banking Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice, in combination with other relevant privacy notices that we provide to you, inform you of the policies and practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of any personal information that we and our service providers collect from or about users in connection with Advia’s Mobile Banking Application (the “Mobile App”).
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT IN THE MOBILE APP
Through your use of the Mobile App, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and social security number, when you create an account.
- We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Mobile App, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
- If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- We collect all other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the Mobile App.
(b) Personal Information Collected From Third Parties. We may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, in order to provide some of our services.
(c) Personal Information Collected via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer, or mobile device such as:
- Access to your device’s camera when using Mobile Remote Deposit features.
- Location information. If you have enabled Location Services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Mobile App, we will collect your location information when you use the Mobile App to provide map and branch location data.
- Access to your device’s microphone when using chat features.
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, contacts, and IP address.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns. Some websites may belong to ad networks that use your browsing history across websites to choose which ads to display on their sites; the displayed ads may include advertising for Advia Credit Union. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt out), you will still see advertisements while you’re browsing online. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you and your interests.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE MOBILE APP
(a) General Use. In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Mobile App to respond to your requests as submitted through the Mobile App, to provide you the services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the Mobile App, in the following ways:
- Facilitate the creation of and secure and maintain your account
- Identify you as a legitimate user in our system
- Improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Mobile App
- Send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories
- Send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Mobile App
(b) Compliance and Protection. We may use your personal information to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities
- Protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Mobile App
- Prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
(c) Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, the Mobile App may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
HOW TO LIMIT SHARING
You have choices regarding the sharing of some personal information. Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your personal information based on your privacy choices. Your privacy options for your camera, files, media, contacts, and location can be set online through our Mobile App settings.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss, and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. We use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY ONLINE
Our Mobile App is not directed to use or collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without containing verifiable consent from their parents.
MAKING SURE PERSONAL INFORMATION IS ACCURATE
Keeping your personal information accurate and up to date is very important. If your personal information is incomplete or inaccurate, you can update or correct your information by changing the preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us.