Advia Credit Union is pleased to announce this year’s recipients of the Cheryl A. DeBoer Soar Higher Award and Youth Scholarships. In total, 30 students will receive $1,000 for the Youth Scholarship Program and two students will receive $5,000 for the Cheryl A. DeBoer Soar Higher Award.
The Youth Scholarship Program is for graduating high school seniors who exhibit academic achievement, leadership skills, and commitment to community.
The Soar Higher Award, which was introduced this year, is designed specifically for Western Michigan University’s College of Aviation students currently enrolled or recently accepted into the program. The Soar Higher Award is in honor of Advia’s former President & CEO Cheryl DeBoer, who retired in 2022. Cheryl’s career included over 18 years with Advia and 40 years within the credit union industry. Advia created this award to celebrate Cheryl’s passion for aviation and her illustrious credit union career.
After a rigorous selection process, a panel of judges composed of Advia representatives carefully evaluated numerous applications from talented individuals across our communities.
The 2023 Scholarship Recipients are:
Soar High Award Winners:
- Kordell I., WMU Aviation Student (Marshall, MI)
- Jash S., WMU Aviation Student (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Youth Scholarship Winners:
- Charles D., Port Huron Northern High School (Port Huron, MI)
- Ava H., Marysville High School (Marysville, MI)
- Madelyn F., Yale High School (Yale, MI)
- Emma C., Marysville High School (Marysville, MI)
- Riley D., Marysville High School (Marysville, MI)
- Lukas K., Yale High School (Yale, MI)
- Griffin M., Huron High School (Brownstown, MI)
- Lauren B., Memphis High School (Wales, MI)
- Siya P., Oscar A. Carlson High School (Brownstown, MI)
- Parker W., Woodhaven High School (Woodhaven, MI)
- Grace H., Riverview Community High School (Riverview, MI)
- Elise S., Lakeview High School (Battle Creek MI)
- Aubrey H., Kalamazoo Christian High School (Kalamazoo, MI)
- Ainsley M., Mattawan High School (Brownstown, MI)
- Sophia M., Otsego High School (Otsego, MI)
- Raegan G., Harper Creek High School (Battle Creek, MI)
- Luke A., Otsego High School (Otsego, MI)
- Ryan K., Plainwell High School (Plainwell, MI)
- Ella G., Mattawan High School (Lawton, MI)
- Megan L., Parchment High School (Parchment, MI)
- Andre H., Battle Creek Central High School (Battle Creek, MI)
- Lauren A., Loy Norrix High School (Kalamazoo, MI)
- Rachel P., Elkhorn Area High School (Elkhorn, WI)
- Liming H., Craig High School (Janesville, WI)
- Isabella B., Craig High School (Janesville, WI)
- Jesse R., Williams Bay High School (Williams Bay, WI)
- Caleb B., Wilmot Union High School (Genoa City, WI)
- Leeza P., Williams Bay High School (Williams Bay, WI)
- Amanda W., Beloit Memorial High School (Beloit, WI)
- Cole M., FJ Turner High School (Beloit, WI)
“Congratulations to all the outstanding students who have applied for our Youth Scholarship Program and the Cheryl A. DeBoer Soar Higher Award,” said Nancy Loftis, Advia’s Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations. “We are truly grateful for your dedication, passion, and unwavering commitment to your education.”
To learn more about Advia’s scholarships, visit us at https://www.adviacu.org/community/advia-foundation.
About Advia Credit Union
Advia Credit Union’s mission is to provide financial advantages to its members. With $3 billion in assets, Advia seeks to provide quick and easy access to money and time-saving financial tools to over 200,000 members in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Illinois. Advia’s team of over 500 professionals delivers excellent service and innovative products at 28 locations and via digital and mobile platforms. Advia is guided by its core values: driving progress, acting with integrity, building and strengthening relationships, and keeping people at the core. Visit www.adviacu.org to learn more about how Advia provides Real Advantages for Real People™.