Have total card confidence with our Card Management features.
Our powerful suite of features lets you take control of your cards and stay updated with ease. Whether you're managing your Visa® Debit, Credit, ATM, or HSA Card, we've got you covered.
Simply log into Digital Banking to explore the benefits today.
- Toggle cards on or off
- Report cards lost or stolen (Coming Soon)
- Control transaction amounts and types
- Restrict card use by location
- Receive real-time alerts by text and/or email
- Manage cards while traveling
Setting up Card Management is simple.
- In Digital Banking, navigate to the Cards section from the Menu.
- Select Card Management.
- From here, you can explore the array of options and controls available for each card, such as setting up Alerts, turning a card on/off, setting Travel Notices, and more.
With these features, you'll have full command over your card, receive timely updates via text and email, and gain peace of mind knowing your finances are in good hands.
Stay informed with Custom Alerts.
Choose how you want to be alerted with a simple text message or email for real-time updates. Regular payments will continue unless you specifically opt to decline them.
Set Spending Alerts
- Per-Transaction Alerts
- Monthly Spending Alerts
- Stay secure with alerts for international transactions, giving you immediate knowledge of any in-person card usage abroad.
Detailed Transaction Type Alerts
- Online and manually entered transactions for extra online security
- Mail and phone transactions
- Recurring subscription and bill payments
- ATM transactions
- In-person transactions, including those with digital wallets
- Miscellaneous transaction categories not previously mentioned
Card Management FAQs
Starting April 1, 2024, Visa® Alerts won't be available to members who had signed up previously. To maintain this service, you must enroll in Card Management via Digital Banking. To stop current alerts from Visa®, please click here.
Card Management allows members to manage card controls and alerts for Debit, Credit, ATM, and HSA Cards within Digital Banking. Cardholders can control when and where their cards can be used as well as perform card controls functions such as turning the card on or off.
A Control allows a member to choose which transactions will be processed and which will block the card from being used. An Alert notifies a member based on alert settings the member chooses.
Yes, the solution is secure. The tool does not store any protected cardholder data (such as debit or credit card numbers, PIN, CVV/CVV2, etc.). It only identifies a payment card using commonly used references such as the last four digits of the card number and the cardholder name.
Card Management does not replace our existing fraud programs. Rather, it provides members more control how their card is used and can provide peace of mind by allowing members to setup alerts for card transactions.
- Members can opt to receive Alerts for various types of transactions including international, ATM, spending amounts, and more.
- Card "On" or "Off" - When the card is set to "Off" most card transactions will be denied with the exception of auto-pay and credits (deposits, returns and reversals) and an alert will be sent any time a transaction is attempted.
- Deny transactions over a specified per-transaction or per-month threshold.
- Set Travel Notifications
- Report the Card Lost or Stolen (Coming Soon)
If you are traveling outside the US, the Card Management feature should still work if you have a reliable internet connection on your device.
Yes. Transaction amounts are displayed in USD, but transactions may be initiated and authorized in any currency.
When the card is off, most card transactions are denied by Card Management and alerts are generated for attempted transactions. However, auto-pay transactions and credits (deposits, returns, and reversals) are exempt from this high-level control.
You can choose to be alerted for transaction-related notifications via text and/or email.
"Travel Notifications" can be set for your card(s) each time you travel. Letting us know when and where you're traveling will aid in ensuring your purchases can be completed without being denied because they are outside of your normal spending pattern.
It's free for members!
From the first day of the current month.
Recurring transactions will not decline due to most card controls. If you want to decline recurring transactions going forward, please return to Card Controls>Transaction Types and choose "Decline Recurring Subscription and Bill Payments."