We’re here to help you navigate W-8BEN form submissions.
An IRS Form W-8BEN form is a Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting purposes. Completing a Form W-8BEN allows you to confirm that you are not a U.S. taxpayer, and avoid having taxes withheld from your interest payments.
Federal law requires that a Form W-8BEN document for all foreign account holders be provided to Advia. Each authorized signer on an account must provide a completed, dated, and signed Form W-8BEN (or Form W-8BEN-E for foreign legal entities).
If you are no longer exempt from tax withholding due to a change in your foreign status, please complete, sign and return to us a Form W-9 (for U.S. persons, including resident aliens). Please return the completed and signed Form W-8 or Form W-9 to any Advia Credit Union location.
- Form W-8BEN — Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Foreign Individuals)
- IRS Instructions for Form W-8BEN
- Form W-8BEN-E — Certificate of Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Foreign Legal Entities)
- IRS Instructions for Form W-8BEN-E
- Form W-9 and Instructions — Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification